$678.8 Billion dollars, that is the magic number. The Metaverse market is projected to peak to that amazing figure by 2030, with 2022 already looking to exceed $42 Billion.
They are fantastic numbers in anyones language, but what are some of the other trends that we are seeing in the market that will lead to all the billions?
Here is a quick list to get you started.
• The market size of the metaverse is set to exceed $42 billion in 2022.
• Sony and KIRKBI each invested $1 billion in Epic Games to support its metaverse projects.
• Lil Nas X’s Roblox performance gathered 33 million views in two days.
• The majority of people are willing to spend up to $1,000 on advanced VR gear.
• Over $500 million worth of real estate was purchased in the metaverse so far.
• 53% of companies investing in the metaverse invest in cryptocurrencies.
• There are over 400 million metaverse monthly active users.
• Roblox is the biggest virtual world in the metaverse.
• 51% of the metaverse userbase is 13 or younger.
• 74% of American adults are joining or considering joining the metaverse.
• By 2026, 25% of people will spend an hour or more in the metaverse each day.
• 10.7 million players saw Marshmello perform live in a Fortnite concert.
Neil Stevenson, author of Snow Crash could not have been more right.